CONSTITUTION OF SWEDISH SCHOOL SOCIETY
This constitution replaces the previous constitution of the Swedish School Society of October 2012 which replaced the constitution of March 2006 (written in the Swedish language). The purpose of the revised constitution is to modernize the vision, mission and management of the Swedish School Society. The revised constitution makes no discrimination between active and resting school.
The Swedish School Society (herein after called the School) is situated in Ruvu Street, Msasani, Dar es Salaam.
The School wants to be recognized as one of the best schools in Dar es Salaam attracting a majority of Nordic children in town.
- The School provides a Nordic educational environment based on “Nordic Pedagogical Principles” where children take center stage.
- Children of the School will develop and maintain the Nordic identity and develop intercultural understanding in safe and secure surroundings.
The School is governed by a General Assembly of parents overseen by an elected board of parents and is financially self sustained.
Parents are those with children enrolled in the School, which carry the parental custody (hereinafter called Member parents). Parents are no longer members at the time they no longer have children enrolled in the School.
- It is the responsibility of the Member parents to oversee the operations of the School and that the School is operated according to its vision and mission.
- Member parents cannot at any time be kept personally accountable for any debt the School may have or incur.
- The Board of the Swedish School Society (hereinafter called the Board) can decide to expel a child from the School due to lack of payment of school fees or