Deadline to apply: 31. July 2020
Duration of Contract: 10. August 2020 – 31 July 2022 with possibility for extension
To Apply: Send cover letter, CV (in English) with picture & references, copy of academic certificates, and background clearance (politiattest) to Director Louise Kamin at email@example.com.
What We Offer
The Nordic School is a dynamic educational environment with active children aged 1,5 – 15 years. We provide preschool, based on Nordic pedagogical principles, for children aged 1,5 – 6 years, Nordic language classes and a wide variety of afternoon activities for children aged 5-15 years. We have fantastic facilities including a large shaded playground, swimming-pool and tennis court. It is a parent-driven school in a multicultural environment. The role as Director is a central and crucial position for the successful operation of the School.
What We Are Looking For
A dynamic Director to lead and develop the Nordic School into the future. Applicants must uphold and advance the school’s Nordic values and principles. The Director is responsible for overall administration of the school, including but not limited to pedagogical matters, HR, strategic planning, overseeing the day to day running of the school etc.
The job is full time, 40 hours a week, and the requirements are:
- Pedagogical Degree or equivalent competence
- Several years of proven pedagogical leadership and management
- Fluency in one Scandinavian language (Swedish, Danish or Norwegian) and English
- Experience in human resources, financial management and budgeting
- Familiarity with the Nordic pedagogical principles and policies
- Social ability to handle external/internal relations and social interactions
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge in Swahili language is an advantage